Tuesday, May 13, 2008

IT'S ROUGH OUT THERE

      It's been a tough week for Dr. Tofuhead.   I have to be honest: the situation in Myanmar has got me down.  The massive catastrophe there, and the fact that the leadership of that country would like it to continue, has left me drained of enthusiasm.    After all: who cares what I have to say about radishes when tens of thousands of people are dying?
      I suppose life goes on.   But in my life, the kid has been sick, I've been up for 3 days straight with little sleep, and a late frost wiped out my meticulously planted eggplant and tomato garden.       So I have nothing to offer my readers today, except a request: think positive thoughts for the people of Myanmar.   I'm sure they are good people, victims of a disease that is all too pervasive in this world- oppressive dictatorship.   They deserve better.  

No comments: